Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Behind The Green Door Mpeg

braid
















taken from the book "Bread, the pleasure of making bread at home" by Anna Gennari.
seiras I had the excellent fresh ricotta, then in addition to a sweet ricotta 'cause not even this bread when I stumble for a while' looking through the book and always return?

Here are the ingredients:

1 kg of flour 00
250 g cheese
50 grams of butter (I put half 'and half butter' oil)
15 grams of sugar (I put a teaspoon of honey)
20/25 grams of yeast (I put 20)
360 g of water
1 egg for brushing ( I added a little milk, I never use one egg for brushing)
20 grams of salt
Sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, etc. as desired.


meta I state that I did 'doses and then a single braid, with the entire dose is two pretty big braids.
I said that I put 20g of yeast by half 'dose I put 10 grams of yeast that is' if 20 I had full dose)
The mixture I have worked with Ken, but it 's very workable with the bread machine or by hand, but' it worked enough to obtain a bell'impasto smooth.
ken I put in the flour and water with the dissolved yeast, then honey, ricotta and mix unpochino I did, I loved the room temperature butter into pieces and oil, then salt. I did work for 11 minutes.
I made it rise in a bowl covered with a damp cloth and pelican kitchen as the book says and I did rise until doubled (about an hour).
I divided the dough into 3 parts from 300 grams one, I made three loaves and I formed the braid with the method of sisters like, ie 'I have woven a first half' and then the other ... as you can see from the photos. I put the braid on a baking sheet with parchment paper under the I brushed with beaten egg with milk and then I put the sesame seeds, I did an experiment with cumin and some parts empty. I put on a cloth and set to rise about an hour.
In a preheated oven at 180/190 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Anto thank you again for this wonderful book!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment